CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sara's first [SuNdAy]

Bună familia!

Today I had my first experience with church in Romania.  I enjoyed it a lot, but it would have been better if I'd been feeling better!  I left after Sunday school because I had a runny nose, watery eyes, and a headache.  I came home and took a four-hour nap!  So I feel much better now.  I'm not sure whether I have a cold or allergies.  Any pointers on how to tell?  I took some benedryl, and I think it helped a lot.  I'm just wondering because if it's allergies, then I might need to ask Mom/Dad to send benedryl because I'll need to take it a lot.  But if it's a cold, hopefully it will go away.  Anyway, enough about that.

It was definitely difficult to understand what was being said at church, but I did understand a few small things.  And I bore my testimony in Romanian, which was a good experience.  I got brave enough because a couple of the other girls in my group did before me, and I'd written down something to say, but then I decided not to use my notes, and I just said what I knew how to say.  I know that the Lord is helping me in everything I've done so far here, and I know that He will continue to help me when I start working at the orphanage and children's hospital.  With Him, I know that I am able to do things I otherwise would not be able to do.

My roommates and I have decided to learn 14 new words a day and to speak lots of Romanian. We still don't speak as much as we could, but it's been cool to realize that we really can say a lot of what we want to say if we stop and think about it. I'm excited to continue learning!

I love you all and I'm excited to hear from you!

Love, Sara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment