CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Hospital and orphanage!!

Bună famila!

Ce faceţi? (How are you?)  I just wanted to update you about what's going on on this side of the globe.  But before I do that, does anyone have a more up-to-date email for Chad, Kellie, or Matt? I'm not sure if the ones I have are correct.

Guess what?  Yesterday and today, I got to go to the children's hospital, and today we got to tour the orphanage!  Yay!  THIS is why I came here-- finally!

Yesterday at the hospital, my friend Jena and I got to play with two cute girls whose moms weren't there at the hospital with them.  One of the girls, Ioana, is five years old, and she is a little ball of energy!  She kept bringing all of her friends-- as far as I could tell, everyone on the floor-- into the room and telling them that we spoke English.  She spoke pretty much non-stop in Romanian, and it was fun to try to keep up with her.  It was a fun, non-threatening way to practice speaking Romanian! When we went back today, she was going home, so I met her mom and her grandma and said goodbye to her.  She was a cutie, but I was sure tired by the time I left yesterday!

The other girl in the room is named Cosmina, and we got to play with her again today.  She has quite a bit of energy as well, and I think her favorite phrase is "mai altceva?" (basically asking, "what else do you have?")  She loves bubbles and balloons and my red pen.  She's six years old, and I think that she said that her mom is a professor/teacher and that she's coming to visit her tomorrow.

I also met a perfect, beautiful baby yesterday.  The nurse came into the room with Ioana and Cosmina and asked for diapers, then took me to see the baby that they were for.  She is five months old, and when I asked the nurse what her name was, I think she told me that she doesn't have one-- I think she said that she was left at a church.  I just stood there and watched her sleep for a while, and thought about how beautiful and perfect she is and how I want to take her home with me!  I don't understand why everyone comes to this world in different circumstances-- it really doesn't seem fair sometimes.  But I know that Heavenly Father loves ALL of His children, and I love that little baby even though I don't really know her.  I got to see her again today-- I wish I could hold her, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed today... maybe I'll try on another day.

We also got to tour the orphanage today, and that was so cool!  The kids were adorable, and I'm excited to get to go there starting on Monday!  I can tell I'm going to fall in love with them this summer.

I'd love to hear about what you all have been up to!  Dad, how did your interview go?  Pink, do you have another job now?  Mom, how was your trip?  Matt, are you getting these emails? How are the plans for Colorado coming? Chad and Kellie, how's California; how's Nelson?  Ashley-- thanks for making the cute blog!  Adam, are you feeling better?

Vă iubesc!

Sara

P.S.  I can feel my English skills degenerating-- not that I don't speak English a lot more than I speak Romanian... I'm just saying, if there are grammatical/spelling errors in the above email, I'm sorry!  And that feels weird for me to say, but yeah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment